I had to gasp and squeal a little when I got this bit of news through on my Blackberry last night on my 43 bus journey home. There is just no words to describe it and I'd rather it get to the point so I'll just copy and paste it word for word....
- Vintage and retro fashion items from the 1930s to the present day will be for sale at bargain prices in the Angels Big Vintage Clothing Sale at its Wembley warehouse on Saturday 6th December.
- Angels’ stock has been expanded by the acquisition of the BBC Resources Costumes earlier in 2008, leading to both pressure on space and so a sale is necessary.
- Over 30,000 items of vintage clothing, accessories and jewellery will be available
- It is the first time in Angels’ 160-year history that stock will be sold directly to the public.
- Angels is the world’s longest-established supplier of costumes to the film, theatre, and television industries. Top fashion houses regularly use the Angels costume collection – the largest in Europe with over 5 million pieces – as inspiration for their own collections.
- Stock will be priced not individually but by bag, with entrance gained by buying an empty bag that can be filled at will. A medium-sized bag costs £10 with a ‘supersize’ bag also available for £20. A separately-sized bag will be available for costume jewellery, priced at £20. Customers are welcome to purchase as many bags as they wish.
- Examples of productions whose costumes feature in the Big Vintage Clothing Sale include Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Absolutely Fabulous, Ashes to Ashes, The House Of Eliott, Dad’s Army, Last of the Summer Wine and Dr Who.
- Designer items available at the sale will include pieces by designers including BIBA, Quorum, YSL, Bus Stop, Jaques Azagury, and Jean Muir.
I can't quite take all this information in and in addition the You Tube videos they have produced have wet my appetite even more.
I therefore propose that to all those who will be in town and available on the 6th December - let's somehow get together and storm into this sale with an intention to buy and fill those bags up with goodies... details to be confirmed but let's see what damage the London contingent of this blog's readership can do. There will be a sale preview next week... will report back of course...
I don't usually like to gloat...but on this day I'm bloody glad I live in London...